Bushels and Barrels June 14-16
Learn more about Bushels & Barrels by visiting the event website
The Reynolds Homestead, in partnership with One Family Productions, is excited to announce three days of events as part of its 6th Annual Bushels and Barrels Local Food Wine and Beer Festival. Celebrating all things local, the event has grown from a one-day concert to a three-day event featuring a local foods Farm-to-Table dinner, a Sustainability Workshop, and of course, the festival event itself, all happening June 14-16!
Bushels & Barrels Local Food, Wine & Beer Festival June 14-16th
The Bushels and Barrels Local Food, Wine and Beer Festival was created to celebrate all things great and local in Southwest Virginia! Bushels & Barrels will held June 14-16, 2018 and will host a variety of items from around the region including food, wineries, breweries, arts, crafts, and live music! **Be sure to read about our VIP Ticket options!
- Thursday Farm to Table Dinner: $35 per person, ticket includes three course dinner paired with Foothills Brewing beers. Limited tickets available. Event held at Stuart Farmer’s Market
- Friday Festival Kickoff Concert General Admission: $15, admission to concert, 7pm – 10pm. Music by The Kind Thieves and Erin & The Wildfire. **Check out our 2 Day General Admission tickets & VIP ticket options below!**
- Saturday Local Food, Wine & Beer Festival General Admission: $20 adv, $25 at gate, includes admission to event, wine tastings & commemorative festival cup
- Two Day General Admission: $35, includes Friday & Saturday admission, wine tastings & commemorative festival cup
- VIP Ticket: $60, includes Friday & Saturday admission to festival, 2 complimentary drink tickets (Fri Only) Parking, 2018 T shirt, wine tastings, commemorative festival cup, tasting passport
- Designated Driver: $12, Admission to ONE day of festival **customer will not be served alcohol**
- Two Day Designated Driver: $20, Admission to Friday & Saturday events **customer will not be served alcohol**
- NEW: Tasting Passport: $20, Explore the wide range of breweries present by purchasing a tasting passport. Tasting passports include 8 tasting pours (approximately 4 oz) to be redeemed at your choice of breweries. There will be 10 breweries set up, each serving 2 different beers.
- Full Barrel Experience: $90, includes 1 Farm to Table ticket and 1 VIP ticket
- Full Bushel Experience: $80, includes 1 Farm to Table ticket, (1) 2-day General Admission ticket, Tasting Passport
NEW: Thursday June 14th: Farm to Table dinner to be hosted at the Stuart Farmer’s Market in Stuart, VA, sponsored by Foothills Brewery. More info to come!
7pm – 10pm Reynolds Homestead
Kicking things off will be THE KIND THIEVES, group of 8 from the heart of Appalachia, they are unique in the way that they are a chameleon of a musical experience. Transitioning from a bluegrass wildfire to a psychedelic experience, you never know what to expect.
Rounding out Friday evening will be ERIN & THE WILDFIRE, a Charlottesville-based band fronted by powerhouse vocalist, Erin Lunsford. Stirring up their unique sonic melting pot of rock, soul and funk. The group’s striking sound, goofy charm, and relentless work ethic has propelled them to some of the Commonwealth’s biggest stages.
Friday tickets are $15 OR purchase a VIP ticket which includes admission to Friday & Saturday events, 2 complimentary drink tickets, festival t shirt, and additional sponsor swag.
Reynolds Homestead 12pm – 6pm
Music for Saturday June 16th, kicks off with WAITING TO EXHALE, who is fronted by two women vocalists, both daughters of hard working Appalachian families with roots deep and long in the mountains of Virginia. Their songs, through their emotional renditions, tell a tale of their mountain families struggles and joys while blending together a haunting tapestry of harmonies and interplay in their vocals.
Headlining the event the HACKENSAW BOYS. For almost two decades, the Hackensaw Boys have plowed the asphalt bringing their raw, gritty American vernacular sounds to the music halls and streets across the world. Twenty years later, the group continues their burning hot vision of American roots music into a new age, fueled as much by a rowdy punk spirit as by the traditional masters that first inspired them
Closing out the day will be GROOVA SCAPE bringing a fresh, powerful vibe to the event. Their bluesy shows, which are always packed with fun and surprises are fronted by World-Class vocalist Brittany Sparks and veteran guitarist, Henry Lazenby, this five-piece is known for its startlingly good original tunes. When Sparks turns loose those pipes, audiences sit up and take notice.
Additional Info about the event:
Food vendors will be serving up delicious meals made with local ingredients, artists and crafters will be selling their locally made wares. Farmers & Producers from around the region will be selling locally grown and produced items, and an array live music will be showcased!
Wineries from around the region will be providing tastings and purchases for the event. Wineries include Stanburn Winery and Preston Ridge Winery.
Breweries on tap will include a variety of VA and NC based breweries. Complete list of breweries will be posted in the coming months.
Bushels & Barrels Local Food, Wine & Beer festival is a partnership among local non-profit organizations in Patrick County: Reynolds Homestead, a Commonwealth Campus Center of Virginia Tech and One Family Productions, producers of Front Porch Fest. The mission of Bushels & Barrels is to mutually promote the economic development of our local food, wine, and beer producers, generate more public awareness for the local products available in our area, and increase tourism to the local area with a signature event.
This is going to be an event you will not forget! Come see the amazing things our region has to offer!